Wednesday, September 23, 2009

New Music - Pete Yorn




I will admit Pete Yorn first became known to me when I heard him do a cover song for the movie Shrek 2. He covered the old Buzzcocks tune, Ever Fallen In Love. Love the song, and loved his version. And, dammit, he is very handsome. Well, this summer Pete released a CD, Back & Forth. He also collaborated with actress Scarlett Johansson on a CD that was released this month, The Breakup Album. He is also just completing a tour opening for Cold Play. So he has been a busy, busy man.


Pete Yorn & Scarlett Johansson - Relator @ Yahoo! Video


Aside from having glorious hair, Yorn is a singer/songwriter in the rock tradition, much like fellow New Jersey native Bruce Springsteen. His music varies from acoustic folk to edgy rock. He is also signed to a major label [don't see those words in this blog very often, do you?], Columbia. I won't hold that against him.


Don't Wanna Cry @ Yahoo! Video


I have to admit I found his first release Musicforthemorningafter to be quite sexy. It has the dark and brooding quality that can be so appealing to me - yeah, I have issues. But the music and lyrics are good, and Yorn's voice is interesting in that smokey and whiskey sort of way that almost scream out a great night but no phone calls will come later.


Life On A Chain @ Yahoo! Video


To find more about Pete Yorn, go to his website by clicking here.

5 comments:

  1. Musicforthemorningafter is still his best. He hasn't quite lived up to that promise yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Yorn's voice is interesting in that smokey and whiskey sort of way that almost scream out a great night but no phone calls will come later."

    That is a lovely turn of phrase, Howard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric, I am kinda liking the CD with Scarlett. But I do love MFTMA very much.

    Beth, thank you. Sometimes they just write themselves, though. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eric Yorn... a beautiful specimen of a man. God is in His heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anon, I have to assume you meant Pete Yorn, right? If so, he is indeed a beautiful man.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails